By Randi Hutter Epstein
Oh my gosh!!! It is AMAZING that any of us LIVED!!! I can NOT believe what women lived threw while giving birth, even only 20 years ago!!! It is crazy that any one did it again, and again! (it must be because they had NO birth control...) This book is crazy, or maybe history is crazy, I am SO glad I am having my kids in the days of hospitals, and educated DR.s!
The first chapter had me out of my seat, saying that Eve had the WORST birth EVER!!! because it was the first, and because it was punishment for her 'SIN'.
Would I recommend it? um... um... it was interesting, I really did learn A LOT, and it made me so thankful that my OB went to school... So if you are in to the history of well of all man kind then I guess sure. (but make sure that you are reading another book at the same time...)
Making and having babies ”what it takes to
get pregnant, stay pregnant, and deliver ”has mystified women and men
for the whole of human history. The birth gurus of ancient times told
newlyweds that simultaneous orgasms were necessary for conception and
that during pregnancy a woman should drink red wine but not too much and
have sex but not too frequently. Over the last one hundred years,
depending on the latest prevailing advice, women have taken morphine,
practiced Lamaze, relied on ultrasound images, sampled fertility drugs,
and shopped at sperm banks.
In Get Me Out, the
insatiably curious Randi Hutter Epstein journeys through history, fads,
and fables, and to the fringe of science, where audacious researchers
have gone to extreme measures to get healthy babies out of mothers. Here
is an entertaining must-read ”and an enlightening celebration of human
life.

1 comment:
Maybe I'd better not read it for a while then... 20 year plan, you know... well, 10 year plan... hmm.
Post a Comment